How Does Youtube Payment Works
How does Youtube payment work? Before you get started with the YouTube platform, you need to know how Youtube payments work. In 2020, most jobs were affected by the Covid 19 pandemic, and as a result, there was a lot of online content creation.
As a beginner in video blogging (vlog), advertising, and content creation on the platform, you may be having so many questions about Youtube payment. But, no need to stress over it anymore because we got your back.
We’ll take you through the Youtube payment method and how to maximize income on the platform.
Let’s dive in!
How To Make Money On Youtube
There are multiple ways of earning money on Youtube. You can create content in the various niches, grow your subscribers list and start earning.
Individuals are creating content on Youtube full-time and earning from it. There are various alternatives to explore which can increase your earnings on Youtube. Therefore, if you’re looking for ways to monetize your Youtube account, you most definitely need to look at the following tips.
- Start selling products and merchandise.
Selling products and merchandise through the Youtube platform helps to create awareness and convert customers. Some of the merchandise to sell are t-shirts, hoodies, wristbands, mugs, and books.
Once you grow your subscribers’ list, you can start marketing products to the viewers. Besides, you can partner with brands to promote their products and earn revenue from it.
Youtube marketing helps to grow your brand online. Integrating it with a website or app helps to drive traffic and conversion. Your viewers and subscribers are likely to buy your products.
If you already have the products to sell, you can get insights about your target customers through A/B testing using HoneyApps. The Shopify app is free to use and comes with multiple features like Analytics to help you track performance, conversion, and revenue.
Besides, viewers and interested buyers can shop for the merchandise from the watch pages on youtube.
- Youtube Partner program
With the Youtube partner program, it lets you monetize your content on the platform. To be part of it, you have to apply for the program from Youtube Studio.
As a YouTuber, you’re paid through ads and views from your videos. However, there are requirements to fulfill for you to be eligible for Youtube payment.
First, you need to have 4000 watch hours in a year and 1000 subscribers. Youtube then reviews your account for approval. Once it approves, you can start receiving payments through your Adsense account.
Check out this guide to enable your youtube videos for monetization:
- To get started, log in to your account;
- Click on Youtube Studio;
- Click on features from the menu, then select monetization;
- Read the terms and conditions for the Youtube Partner Program before you proceed;
- To receive Youtube payment, you need to have an Adsense account. Link the Adsense profile to your Youtube account;
- Finally, set up how you want to receive your earnings.
To receive income, a Youtube viewer needs to view or click on an ad. Besides ads, you can also make money through Youtube premium.
Youtube premium is part of Youtube but different from the normal channel with multiple ads. With Youtube premium, viewers pay to view the YouTuber’s content. The benefit of using the premium Youtube account is that it has no ads.
As a YouTuber, you can have a Youtube account where you earn from ads and Youtube premium.
3. Fan funding
Another way for a YouTuber to make money is through fan funding. Fan funding means that you receive monetary donations from your viewers in exchange for extra content. An example is Patreon.
If you’re creating high-quality content that attracts viewers to your channel, you can choose to Patreon part of your content. This way, viewers will have access to the detailed content by paying a set amount of money.
To activate the fan funding feature, the minimum number of subscribers you should have is 1000. But, it may not be as easy to convince your viewers to donate. Make sure you’re transparent on how you plan to spend the money.
Second, you can offer rewards to your viewers like free badges, live chat, or in-depth content.
4. Become a youtube affiliate marketer
Youtube affiliate marketing is another way in which you can earn money on Youtube. As an affiliate, you promote a product from another brand and earn a commission from it.
For example, as a makeup artist, you can be an affiliate marketer for a store that sells makeup products. You can educate your audience how to shop and use the products. You can also give reasons on why they should use the products.
You’ve already come across YouTubers and influencers who are marketing products and services on their Youtube accounts. An example of affiliate marketing is through Amazon, where you earn a 10% commission.
How Youtube Payment Works
If you plan on implementing the Youtube ideas above, you need to know how Youtube payment works and the applicable payment methods. Let’s start by looking at the Youtube payment method.
Youtube pays you through your Adsense account. That is why you should link your profile with the Adsense account. Make sure you resolve any issues that may have your payment withheld.
Some of the reasons Youtube may hold your payments are – failure to verify your account, tax information, or compliance issues. For you to receive payments, your earnings should match the local payment threshold of your account location.
The revenue threshold also differs, depending on the currency. Below are the different payment thresholds and what each entails.
- Tax information threshold – depends on your account’s location. You may have to submit tax information after logging in to your Youtube account.
- Payment method selection threshold – to qualify for Youtube payment, you should meet your payment threshold. If you do not meet the threshold requirements, your payments will roll over until you meet the target threshold.
- Address verification threshold – once your earnings meet the verification threshold, Youtube will email you a pin to verify the accuracy of the information in your account.
- Payment threshold – you receive Youtube payment after you reach your payment threshold. You need to submit the necessary information to make sure that Youtube does not hold your account.
- Cancelation threshold – if you choose to cancel your Adsense account and have a higher account balance, you will receive your earnings after 90 days.
If you’re eligible for the youtube payment, you get paid when:
- There is no pending threshold to hold your account;
- Your earnings meet your required local payment threshold;
- Youtube does not suspend your account from monetization;
- Your account complies with Youtube monetization policies.
To receive youtube payment, make sure you follow the monetization policies and no payment holds are available in your account.
Youtubers receive payments in the mid-month of the following month. For instance, your January earnings will be transferred to your Adsense in mid-February.
Youtube payment method
As earlier mentioned, you have to reach your local threshold to receive payments from Youtube. For instance, the payment threshold for a YouTuber in the US is $100.
There are different payment methods to use. You can select from electronic funds transfer, Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), western union quick cash, and wire transfer.
Before you add a specific payment method, check if the available options work for your location. However, in case you want to edit or delete your payment options, here’s how to go about it:
Editing Youtube’s payment method:
- Go to your paid membership section;
- Click on manage membership;
- Next to your current payment method, click on edit;
- On your existing payment method, click on the down arrow to view more options;
- Select the new payment method and add new credit or debit card;
- Add your card number and click on submit.
To remove the existing payment method, go to Google pay. Next, click on remove and select a payment option to delete.
It’s necessary to have a backup plan in case of any issues with the current payment option. If you’re looking for help on how to change payment method on Youtube, we got your back.
Check out the steps below:
- Go to the paid membership on your Youtube account;
- Click on the option to manage membership;
- Next to the backup payment method, there is an edit button. Click on it;
- Click on the add debit or credit card button;
- Enter the card number and click submit.
How To Calculate Your Payments On Youtube
Youtubers are earning income on Youtube. As an online content creator, there are several ways in which you can monetize your content and make money from it.
Ways in which content creators make money are – subscriptions, Youtube partner programs, subscriptions, merch shelf, and affiliate marketing.
If you want to find out how much money a YouTuber or influencer makes, you can use the Youtube payment calculator. It is easy-to-use and helps to calculate expected revenue.
There are various online Youtube money calculators. An example of such a tool is the Omni calculator.
It helps to calculate the gross income and the net income you make from your videos.
How To Earn Money From Youtube
As an online content creator, there are several ways in which you can make money. Youtube checks various factors to determine how much money to pay a content creator.
For Youtube payment, it checks at- the number of views that a video has, the number of clicks on an ad, the length of the video, the quality of an ad, and adblockers.
To maximize your income on Youtube, start by identifying a niche. It helps in creating content that meets the needs of your users. Besides, it helps to make the best out of the platform.
After identifying a niche, create quality content that will resonate with your ideal audience. Besides video views, other ways you can explore to maximize earnings are:
- Ad views
Earning money from video views depends on cost per click (CPC) and cost per thousand views (CPM). With CPM, it means that the viewer has to view a video for at least 30 seconds. In the case of a short video, the user has to watch half of it.
In CPC, Youtube pays you when the viewer clicks on the ad. Youtube does not pay you when a user skips your ad. Make sure that you connect your Adsense account to your account. To receive money from Youtube, you need to reach your location’s local payment threshold.
- Youtube partner program (YPP)
As earlier mentioned, YPP is an alternative way of earning money. It helps you make additional income on the platform. Ways you can earn money from the Youtube Partner Program are:
- Advertising revenue -you can earn money from ads such as video ads, display ads, and overlay ads;
- Merch shelf – interested customers can buy branded products and merchandise from your watch page;
- Channel memberships – your subscribers’ pay monthly charges to view content from your Youtube channel. For instance, publish detailed tutorials about an online course that you offer;
- Super chat and super stickers – your viewers pay a certain amount to have their messages highlighted in a chat stream;
- Youtube premium revenue – get payments when viewers view your content.
Youtube reviews the content regularly to make sure that it upholds the required guidelines and policies. YouTubers receive the payments monthly.
To make money from Youtube, you need to post quality content that resonates with your viewers and attracts them to subscribe to your channel. Also, regular posting keeps your audience engaged and increases the watch time for your videos.
You can also explore multiple ways to create content online and receive Youtube payments. Make sure that you follow Youtube guidelines to increase your eligibility for the Youtube partner program and monetization.
You can monetize your content and increase revenue using the monetization features such as merch shelf. Your Youtube payment needs to meet the local payment threshold for you to receive your earnings.
How does Youtube payment work? Before you get started with the YouTube platform, you need to know how Youtube payments work. In 2020, most jobs were affected by the Covid 19 pandemic, and as a result, there was a lot of online content creation. As a beginner in video blogging (vlog), advertising, and content creation …